Thursday, February 12, 2009

another comment-- water in California

Hey! the last time California had a really big drought, we got a brand new kind of skateboarding!

I think these recommendations are well premised and thought-out and I feel supportive that this is the right direction to go, but I FEEL that water is a very primal inheritance and people get really emotional when you try to ration their water. Keeping California producing food is important, but maybe planting cover crops that require less water, but would continue to support, hold and nourish the soil for a less productive year might be prudent-- strawberries for some while others fields die and blow away could start a riot-- I believe it may have happened before.

the most important part is proaction! Address the issues immediately after the Clean water Protection Act, which I really need first. :)

No comments: